12u players are ages 10-12 years old. Players aged 12 years or less on January 1 of the current year are eligible for 12u play. The 12u league emphasizes further refinement of the fundamental softball skills (catching, throwing, hittings, base running, rules, and game play) continues to build on the skills learned at 10u. BRYC plays its games in the Spring (Apr-Jun) and Fall (Sep-Oct/Nov).
12u is somewhat of a step up in play as girls at this age begin to really develop their fine motor skills and have a few years of experience that help them better understand the game and how it's played. We still encourage parents to help, especially during practice where a coach can break the team down into small groups to have more individualized focus on each player.
Home games and all practices will take place at Rutherford Park field 1.
Rutherford Park #1 - 4770 Guinea Road, Fairfax, VA 22032
Away games are played at any number of locations, but here are a few (fields and addresses will be provided on the team schedules provided by your coach at the beginning of the season):
- Caffi Fields Complex #1 – 120 Cherry St SE, Vienna, VA 22180
- Colin Powell 1 - 13340 Leeland Road, Centreville VA 20120
- Clermont Park - 4100 Franconia Road, Alexandria, VA 22310
- EC Lawrence Park - 5200 Sully Road, Centreville VA 20121
- Franklin Farm Park/Dave Denne - 13550 Franklin Farm Rd. Herndon, VA 20171
- Mt Vernon High School - 8515 Old Mt Vernon Road, Alexandria, VA 22309
- Mt Vernon Manor - 8700 McNair Drive, Alexandria, VA
- South Run #3 - 7550 Reservation Drive, Springfield, VA 22153
- Wakefield Forrest ES #2 - 4100 Iva Lane, Fairfax, VA 22032
- Walt Whitman MS #1 - 2500 Parkers Lane, Alexandria, VA 22306
- Woodlawn Little League Park - 5320 Pole Road, Alexandria, VA 22309
BRYC Softball is a girls fastpitch softball organization in Fairfax County, Virginia that is dedicated to providing girls with the opportunity to experience recreational and competitive softball in an atmosphere that encourages and promotes teamwork, friendships, and good sportsmanship.